Monday 18 March 2024

A Well

 I felt broken about 12 years ago and that my faith, my fundamental me, had been destroyed. Yet slowly it has returned so that I could write this poem recently. I hope it touches and reassures anyone else who feels broken.

There is a well inside of me


So deep
It cannot be destroyed.
It holds my integrity.
It bolsters my courage.
It contains all that is beautiful, good and true.
It is me
In my purest sense.
Despite I feel locked away
And out of touch with it
Still it remains
Silent 
Cool
Peaceful
Waiting to be accessed
Needing to be expressed
Strong
True
Wise
Expressive
Full.
It is love
At the centre,
Emanating peace
In the depths of my despair.
26.2.04

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Restore

 Lord, be with us ine dreary dsys Where cold bites at us And grey clouds cover the sun. Remind us in our hopelessness Of all things good and...