Thursday 22 June 2023

Mercy: A Perfect Moment

 


May Mercy Always Find a Pathway to My Heart.

My life is limited by severe disability on every level. Most moments I cannot move or I cannot think or I can only partially move or partially think. My memory frequently disappears so that I lam left feeling adrift in an environment that is completely inaccessible to me and painful.

I have been very lost many times in the suffering I experience, yet what I have learned is this: I am precious and so is the present moment. That moment is all important, for it is life itself. 

If I cannot do something I want to do, then I try to find something smaller or different that might be more possible to achieve. 

If something smaller is beyond my reach, then I think about doing it in some other moment, even if I can only do it with help or if it has to be done without me, due to my constant hypersensitivities.

If thought is impossible and memory  lost to me, I try to focus on what I can see around me, to look at something of beauty, to find some inner comfort. 

If vision is poor or my eyes are paralysed shut, I look within and focus on finding Peace within me. 

If peace is lost I look to the inner Light of God and call upon the Spirit to Bless me. 

If I am hurt by someone else’s comments or behavior or unawareness, I hope to forgive them, but if forgiveness is not possible, for I believe that it is a process requiring time and space for healing and restoration, I turn to Mercy and ask God to flood all that is hurt, all that is wrong, all that is unforgiven, all that is painful, in His Mercy, for Mercy blesses all and restores hope, peace, harmony, love and beauty once more. It can heal the deepest hurts. It can lift me higher and fill me with the Love of the Trinity so that I too might feel tender mercy for others. What can be a more perfect moment than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...