Thursday 6 April 2023

Feeling grumpy and fearful


It would be very easy to be grumpy every moment of every day, with the level of hypersensitivity, pain and frequent paralysis I have to endure. That is compounded by additional stresses and strains of every day hazards and inconsideration of others. It would be very easy to see the world fearfully and negatively. There is so much that is genuinely fearful happening in the world. 

The only way I have found to tolerate so much uncertainty and so much pain, is to try to seek calmer moments, space from others and focus on peace, the peace that God brings, on  calm, the calm that tells me somehow all will be well despite outer appearance, on seeing with spiritual eyes from a different perspective that can somehow bring comfort and hope out of chaos and irritability, on trying to look ahead without fear dominating and twisting my thoughts and my feelings. I do not always succeed, but when I find the stillness in the centre of my being, balance can be found, wisdom can penetrate through and light can lift the worst moments with its grace,

It is no good dwelling in fear and irritability. It is better, in my experience, to seek, peace, light, goodness, hope and a calm way forward, blessed by love, for where love is, fear cannot exist. 

It may not always feel easy or possible. Yet with God new ways are found. Different unimagined doors open up. Hope shines eternally. Therefore let us not be guided by fear, but by love. Let us trust in finding  the right way forward in any circumstances we find ourselves in. Let us focus on God’s strength, not our own. Let us look at the path ahead with clearer sight and a wider view, blessed always by the Trinity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...