Monday 27 February 2023

Lament

 


My husband asked me today what I thought the word Lement means. Lament to me is more than sadness,, more than loss, more than pain, more that emptiness, for it has a power and and a sense of truth and rightness, of love at the fire if it’s expression. All mingle together in a powerful way to enable an outpouring of feeling that encompasses the greatness of all of these. It may feel unquenchabke, yet it is a necessary part of honouring those we gave loved and lost to death, whose lives no longer bless our world, yet whose spirits live on in so many echoes from the past.

Dwelling on the death of several friends who have died recently and in particular one who we loved especially dear, lament seems a fitting word to describe the words that wrote for her passing:.

Your pain, is my pain, is our pain

Your suffering, is my suffering, is our suffering Your grief, is my grief, is our grief Your loss is forever my loss, is forever our loss. Our tears will flow

Till the oceans are full and still they will weep.

This is the amount of honour due to you

To recognise all that you were, 

all that you have been, 

all that you will ever be to us. 

Our tears cannot be assuaged

Your loveliness still echoes here.

Your love remains

And burns in our hearts,

Forever more than a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Poem for a much loved dog

I  know you still miss me. Remember, You can talk to my bones If you should pass them by For they hold sacred memories of our time together....