Sunday, 23 August 2026

A Word



 PEACE

Just a word or a phrase can make all the difference.
When I am in intense pain, stressed or over worried about something, I have found that being still and stilling my mind can help me to cope, if my mind is clear enough to think or remember..
The word I choose is “Peace”. I repeat it internally,gently, and focus only on that word. The relief and peace that follows sustains me, incredibly, in the direst of moments.
It does not have to be a word, it could be a phrase. Today, when my mind was overloaded the phrase “all will be well”, which comes from Julian of Norwich, helped me to remember this truth and find more balance, feel calmer,more hopeful in a stressed space.
Words are not always possible with severe cognitive dysfunction, even in your mind, but focussing innerly to a place within me not touched by angst or pain or suffering, lifts me to a higher place where peace resides.
Or just looking at something beautiful, like a flower or a picture, I have found that the beauty can touch you without any words needed, comforts, brightens, helps in some mysterious, wonderful, healing sort of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

A Word

  PEACE Just a word or a phrase can make all the difference. When I am in intense pain, stressed or over worried about something, I have fo...