Friday 19 January 2024

A blessing for birds

 


It is so cold in our garden at the moment with freezing temperatures. I remember all the lovely birds that have graced our garden and the skies above. Sadly too few remain. May they all be safe. Amen 

I bless the birds who live in our garden 

Each one a precious thought of God 

Touching our lives in tender ways.

I bless each one

The feisty robin

The loving dove

The loyal blackbird

The flitting bluetit

The bold goldfinch

The greedy pigeon

The regal red kite

Each one with its own story to tell

It’s own place in our history

Bless the pigeon who fell down the chimney

Bless the blackbird who drove off the raven

Bless the baby robin who jumped on my toe

Bless the bluetits who flit to and fro

Bless the dove who came to my call

Bless the sparrows, one and all

Bless the red kite who glides gracefully through the sky

Bless the house martins who continually fly

I bless their lives that bring such joy

I bless their feathers, that keep them warm and dry

I bless their beaks that help them forage

I bless their wings that lift them out of harms way

I bless their feet that hold them up in all weathers

I bless their trust in finding food each day

I bless their nests and the baby birds yet to live here

May they all feel safe

May they all be blessed

May every bird of the air

Receive love and care


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Poem for a much loved dog

I  know you still miss me. Remember, You can talk to my bones If you should pass them by For they hold sacred memories of our time together....