Wednesday 4 October 2023

New Song in honour of a dear friend who died.

 


This is a very moving song, written specially for a dear friend, no longer with us, to honour his memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArH8cu0cLE


Greg writes about it:

THE LOSS OF A FRIEND
I wrote this song and drew the drawings for the accompanying video after discovering that a dear, long time friend had died several months ago, yet I had no idea.
This made us both so sad.
I very much wanted to honour his life and what he meant to me. It was he who first opened my eyes to the extraordinary hypocrisy that can go on in supposedly virtuous circles. I hope the echo of the song can be heard by him in heaven.
Sadly it has happened more than once that people we have had good friendships with for many, many years, have passed on and yet we have not been told. Our circumstances are so isolated that email and writing, exchanging gifts or connecting through social media are our only means of contact and sense of connection.
Our situation is very complex and hard to comprehend I know.
It is just that the pain and loss of a special friendship is greatly exacerbated if one has been given no information regarding their death and funeral.
The feeling that how important you were to your friend and how important they were to you, has not been recognised, leaves you feeling insignificant and irrelevant.
This must surely be the case for others too who live in isolated, difficult circumstances where physical interaction is limited or impossible.
It makes such a difference to feel included in saying goodbye to those you have loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...