Saturday 8 July 2023

Limbo



I am in Limbo Land again

That place of total weakness and inability on every level.

I cannot see clearly. 

I cannot find the strength to move.

My thoughts are weak and disconnected, my memory dissipated yet again.

I cannot say I do not know this place,

Yet still I fall into despair at its frequency of return.

I clasp on to the slightest brightest moment

And somehow manage to kid myself that it will not come back,

That this moment of better movement or clarity is how I am and how I will be,

Then back I fall into painful, paralysing sleep

And all my hope is undone.

Here I have to hope that God is with me

Even when I forget.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...