Friday 9 June 2023

Walking in the shadow of the Cross poem



Here is a poem about the picture and a video of the poem .

https://youtu.be/96V-2IZVaZ0 

I stand with my back to the Cross 

I  walk always in its shadow, 
I carry a part of its pain with me.
It guides me safely in a true direction,
No matter how hard the way.
When I am weary I lean on it.
When I am in pain
It holds me steady
When I cry out
It comforts me,
I walk with my face toward the Spirit.
The Spirit leads me sometimes in ways not yet known
Or necessarily fully understood.
Yet I trust in the Light the Spirit shines
I trust in the Wisdom the Spirit brings
To know fully 
What I can only glimpse in moments.
Therefore I feel safe.
The Spirit strengthens me and reassures me
So I do not feel alone in my suffering:
Always, love is with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...