Monday 29 May 2023

Tenderness




I am struck by how hard we are on ourselves : "Oh, if only you knew how I really am..." "If only you knew my many failings, if only you knew my thoughts..." "It's all a show, I am a fraud through and through, how could anyone , if they REALLY knew me, love me ?"

Be tender, be gentle to yourself, let your love and your light shine, be free of all that negative self judgement and self flagellation!
Tenderness is at the heart of survival in the situation that we find ourselves in and tenderness is at the heart of caring .
The tenderness we are talking about, within the context of unspeakable pain, irritability, hypersensitivity ,struggle, is ultimately like the tenderness and vision of a child, trusting that all will be well, trusting in growth, trusting in love, trusting in goodness, trusting in God-with-us.

Each moment is an opportunity to regard each other in tenderness, despite our suffering.
Each moment is an opportunity for a sacred, healing moment of connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Poem for a much loved dog

I  know you still miss me. Remember, You can talk to my bones If you should pass them by For they hold sacred memories of our time together....