Friday 14 April 2023

The importance of Gratitude

I want to focus on gratitude. For I believe it will help me focus away from pain and despair, especially in helpless, hopeless moments. Gratitude helps me think of the good things that are in my life that are not necessarily apparent due to my inner focus on my suffering or my outer focus on the difficulties the environment hold for me and the hurts of the past and the present. 

When I start to focus on gratitude the world looks different to me, even on a micro level. I see there is beauty in the room. I see there is beauty and goodness around me even if I struggle to access it. I remind myself of it’s presence and somehow it lifts my heart.


When I think of the kindness of others, it can warm me. When I think of the massive commitment of my husband to love and care for me and all the ways he has to adapt moment by moment to my severe hypersensitivity, I feel huge and vast gratitude that balances me once more.


When I remember the tiny achievements I have managed despite severe disability and pain, I rejoice.


When I add in a blessing I feel the power of love flowing through me.


Remembering the power of gratitude and blessings helps me find inner peace again and restore inner balance and calm. It helps me see a different, wider picture to the moment. It brings comfort and hope. Love bathes all and change, not stuckness, feels like it might be possible.


I give thanks and praise for every moment of my life.

May all be bathed in the Light of Christ and the Love of the Trinity.

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...