Wednesday 5 October 2022

Silence

 



I was thinking how my greatest learning has come from being silent, just sitting somewhere on a bench.
It is only in the silence of your heart that you can listen with love, empathy and understanding.
It is only in the silence of your mind that you can you be fully present to another person without distraction, or wishing you were some place else or busy doing something much more important or interesting.
And it is only in the silence of your body that you can be truly available to help another , with grace, presence and inner peace.
The most meaningful moments of precious connection, I have found, always come from the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Poem for a much loved dog

I  know you still miss me. Remember, You can talk to my bones If you should pass them by For they hold sacred memories of our time together....