Monday 22 August 2022

Gratitude




 Gratitude is possible, even in the deepest suffering, which must be borne moment to moment. Because the suffering is unfathomable and there is no escape, you need to seek within you and without you for that which is greater than you.

My wife, whose suffering is immense and unfathomable in its depth, says,” To endure suffering you can seek and find God is present and unutterably close. It is through this gift of mercy, of love, of radiance, compassion that I can feel held, loved, prayerful, hopeful and all these are His gifts.


I see Him, I feel Him, I know Him, in the tenderness of love I receive daily, hourly, moment by moment from my husband, who reaches out to me and seeks to pour love into the gap between moments, that I may be sustained and strengthened and not give up hope.


It is this presence of God within and without us and around us that holds us and helps us steer a clear path through suffering and for that gift there are no words to express the gratitude I feel in my heart.


For His love gives meaning. His love uplifts. His love comforts and consoles and is all things to me.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Restore

 Lord, be with us ine dreary dsys Where cold bites at us And grey clouds cover the sun. Remind us in our hopelessness Of all things good and...