Saturday 7 August 2021

Essential


What is essential in a life of long term suffering without relief?

Essential, for me, is to learn how to be, when nothing is possible to do at all.

Essential, is to love, despite the loss of feeling and sensation.

Essential, is perseverance and a belief in the value of all life, including my own, for even when I am unseen, even when I am unheard, even when I am neglected and ignored, still my presence matters. 

What is essentially left, when all else is taken away from you physically and cognitively? I have learned it must be your true self, wrapped in God’s Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

New video by Greg: The Place Beyond Words

  Well done Greg for this moving video, music composed and performed by him, also wonderful expressive drawings that convey emotion so power...