Tuesday 25 May 2021

My God, my God......

 


My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? I cry out in the depths of my greatest despair, feeling overwhelmed by pain and inability yet again. I feel lost from Him, out of touch with my connection with Him. In truth I know this cannot be so, for God has promised to be with us, He has told us we are one with Him and the Trinity. We can never be as alone and isolated as we may feel, for He never abandons us. It is this deepest truth then that I cling on to, as my illness batters me again and again, destroying my peace and any sense of wholeness. It is this truth that I return to. It is this ever-present love of God that stays with us, even when we feel it not. That is the gift of Christ to us, for He has been there too and knows the power of indescribable agony that tries to separate us from life itself and the recognition of God with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

In brighter moments

In brighter moments Where things look more hopeful And a sense of peace touches your life, Give thanks and praise to the Lord And rejoice in...