Saturday 27 March 2021

Holy Week

 



Introduction to Holy Week

I have now lived  in the most intense ongoing physical pain for almost 3 decades, indescribable unhelpable, untreatable, unremitting, total,


 extreme,  over all my body, inside and out. My daily existence is a physical nightmare where nothing is predictable and nothing can be 


planned or relied upon to function properly. It is the Cross and only the Cross that I can relate to in this extreme place of poverty and 


screaming agony.

 Those who truly suffer,  have no real choice except to accept God or despair. .Jesus suffering was absolute and profound. It was His choice  to take that terrible path; a dreadful choice, made for Love's greater purpose, yet in its making, He was given the spiritual strength to bear it and more than that, to bear us with him in our own suffering, a gift given  by God himself and His choice empowered Him to love and create  a space in His Heart, in which He could hold us all, in our ultimate pain and death, to bring us with him to Eternal Life. There is no greater gift. 

We who are in intense suffering, whether in mind, body, emotion, spirit or any combination, look to God, knowing He will see us and give us His strenth, His Love, His Mercy. 

We will post meditations in the form of poetry, on the Passion of Christ, when able, through this Holy Week.

 

 I Gave My Son For You

I gave my son for you

I cried those tears of pain with him

I held him gently in my arms

I loved him back to life

For I am the one who loves

I love you all

I love you always

For I am the one who loves 

in spite of all the pain

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Musical Contemplation on God’ Love

This is a beautiful, peaceful contemplation accompanied by Greg on guitar. May it bless and uplift you. “His Love is like the morning…..”   ...