Thursday 27 September 2018

Revolution

I have spent many years fighting for a revolution; but that revolution is no longer possible for me to fight.
The term “Fatigue” has completely taken over, dominated everything to such an extent that it is no longer possible to say who has what disease anymore. ME itself has been renamed and defined virtually out of existence.
I turn on the radio, I hear the same old baloney about psychiatric intervention.
I have fought for 25 years, I have done some good things, but I feel I have lost the battle to separate ME from CFS.
Yet a big part of me still wants to carry on doing the same old things that I have been doing for the last 25 years, things that, in the midst of chaos, have given my life meaning and some kind of hope; this is how we are, us fragile souls, in the face of overwhelming change.
But I know I have to find new ways forward, if I am to effectively help my wife.
This change in direction; it is a time of great loss and risk.
A Prayer :
When loss seeks to unhinge you
And you are totally bewildered and confused
When you forget to remember who you are 
When the way ahead is unclear.
When the present is far too painful to cope with,
May the Lord come to you and hold YOU,
MAY He comfort you may he console YOU
Bless you with all his gifts.
May the Lord lift your life
May the Lord restore you
So that you can once more see
Your true worth and beauty
May you Shine in the world again
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Musical Contemplation on God’ Love

This is a beautiful, peaceful contemplation accompanied by Greg on guitar. May it bless and uplift you. “His Love is like the morning…..”   ...