Tuesday 26 March 2024

Lord, help me, a poem





Lord help me.

I am continually being battered by sound 

It robs me of all feeling and movement.

I need your help to keep trying to rise above the  tormenting sensations 

And the sheer emptiness of  continuous loss of ability.

It is breaking my heart Lord

That my mind and body are so broken

Yet so invisibly suffering.

Please lift me into your light.

Heal me now Lord.

Help me now Lord

See me now Lord

Save me now.

“Why would you not wish me well?” I ask You, in my bleakest moments?

In truth I know you are always with me

And have suffered profoundly for all of us for all time.

You know my pain intimately.

You are here beside me.

You bless me

And somehow keep me holding on

To life

To love

To hope

As another wave of tortuous paralysis envelops me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Restore

 Lord, be with us ine dreary dsys Where cold bites at us And grey clouds cover the sun. Remind us in our hopelessness Of all things good and...