Saturday 30 March 2024

Easter Saturday: the One who will rise




 EASTER SATURDAY

The silence of the tomb, the darkness of the earth.
The broken body.
Tortured to death by the religious leaders.
My wife in bed. Heavy curtains blocking out the glorious Spring afternoon sunshine. She lies in the dark.
Her tears, just now, that she can do so little, her body on fire, paralysed, swollen in agony.
My wife ignored for decades by the Church, yet so extraordinarily close to God.
Easter Saturday.
The One who will rise through love.
Gives me the strength to hold her in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

When anxiety nibbles

  When anxiety nibbles away at me And worries loom larger Give me a calm centre And a sense of proportion. Help me to banish the fear  That ...