Tuesday 14 March 2023

Pain of the Cross


 I came across this old pastel from about 14 years ago. Having carried continual pain for 30 years now all over my head and body, I felt quite moved how I had depicted the shadow on my face as a cross, eloquently shouting out to those with eyes to see, the intense agony of every momentI exist in and my alignment with Christ who saves me, bringing peace, love and mercy to help me endure.
On looking more closely at it, I see how the cross surrounds my eye and therefore my view. I see my life entwined with Christ and His Cross. This is how I make sense of my intense suffering and express my life. It is how I gain insight and revelations from God.

For more art see my art blog: https://pasteloutline.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

Poem for a much loved dog

I  know you still miss me. Remember, You can talk to my bones If you should pass them by For they hold sacred memories of our time together....