Thursday 27 September 2018

The Trinity is Pure Flow

I love the time before dawn.
Every morning, I get up early, do what has to be done, then I make myself a coffee, settle down, with a sigh of comfort, in front of the fire, especially on these cold mornings, to write my journal. And every morning the dog presents me with a ball to throw !
The journal always has to wait.
Who can resist the love and adoration in a dog’s eye, the way its whole body glows with anticipation, the sheer beauty of its presence ?
I was reading about the unconditional way dogs love in Richard Rhor’s masterpiece on the Trinity : “The Divine Dance”, this morning :
“Surely this is why Jesus told us to be like children. There is nothing stopping the pure flow in a child or a dog, and that’s why any of us who have an ounce of eros, humanity, or love in us are defenceless against such unguarded presence.”
The Trinity is pure flow, that is what he is saying.
Wow, I think it is incredible to think of God’s love as akin to the way, Camy the Corgi , looking right into me, engages me with unbound joy.
But this is the bit that has really made an impression on me :
“We see this flow in the attraction of all beauty, in all admiring, in all ecstasy, in all solidarity with any suffering.”
Yes, I can attest to that, for there is a light that shines with radiant brightness in Linda, despite the decades of awful suffering , an overwhelming beauty and presence that sweeps me off my feet , lifts me up, like a dancer, into the flow of what she has long called the Heart of Love !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

New video by Greg: The Place Beyond Words

  Well done Greg for this moving video, music composed and performed by him, also wonderful expressive drawings that convey emotion so power...