Saturday 10 August 2019

A blessing for the earth

I bless the earth
Where lies the seed
I bless the rain
Which wakes the seed
I bless the sun
That calls the seed to life
I bless the roots and leaves that feed the seedlings
I bless each plant, each weed, each blade of grass
That pierces through the darkened soil
I bless all plants within creation
That sustain us all
I bless the food, the flowers, the trees
That bring us the energy of life itself
I bless each stem, each, root, each leaf and fruit 
I bless their struggle to survive 
the destructive forces of nature and man
I bless the ground in which they stand
May all that lives be tenderly blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave a comment if you find these writings and prayers helpful. Thank you.

In brighter moments

In brighter moments Where things look more hopeful And a sense of peace touches your life, Give thanks and praise to the Lord And rejoice in...